Comment on page
Drive more pipeline with better coverage of target account segments
A market coverage report analyzes your team’s engagement across a segment of accounts in a selected time period. It helps identify high potential accounts with low engagement and where rep attention is spent covering low value accounts.
- Market coverage analyzes accounts that meet the report criteria at the time the report is run. You can refresh a report for the most updated account list & engagement data.
- Rep Engagement is based on activities on accounts assigned to the rep at the time the report is run. Activities on accounts no longer assigned to the rep are not included.
Click "Market" under "Coverage" in the left nav to access existing market coverage reports.
Click "Market" under "Coverage" in the left nav to go to the market coverage report listing screen and then click "New Report".
Create new market coverage report screen
The "New Market Coverage Report" screen has three parts:
- Details - configure the name, date range, ownership field, and engagement activities
- Criteria - define the criteria & custom logic that specify the segment of accounts
- Fit and Timing - choose the fields representing indicators of account potential to group accounts
In the Details section, select an ownership field for the report to analyze account assignment. In the case where there is a single rep responsible for working an account, this will likely be the OwnerId (Salesforce's default ownership field for an account). If an account can be worked by multiple reps at the same time, choose which user lookup field to use for this report.
In the Fit and Timing section, select which account fields to use for grouping engaged accounts by fit and timing dimensions. Any numeric or picklist field on the account is supported. If a picklist field is chosen, the values will be ranked from best to worst in descending order for the Account Engagement Analysis heatmap.
Market Coverage reports are based on the set of accounts matching report criteria and tasks/events matching Working Activities at the time the report is run, for the time range of the report. If you want the most updated data for the report or an updated time range (for dynamic date ranges like "This Month"), you need to refresh the report.
Refreshing the report is destructive; the data previously shown in the report will be lost and replaced with an updated report.
Provides a high level summary of engagement for the accounts studied in the report.
Finance Coverage Report showing Overview and Account-based Activity histogram
The metrics shown in the overview section are determined as follows:
Shows engagement levels for accounts in the segment during the selected time period. Use this chart to see depth and breadth of coverage for the segment of accounts.
You can filter by activity type:
- Accounts with higher than expected amounts of account-based activities; Rep effort on these accounts could be used elsewhere on higher value accounts
Shows who is responsible for the accounts in the segment and how much they’ve engaged with them during the time period.
Each Rep’s rectangle area corresponds to the amount accounts in the overall segment currently assigned to them. Darker purple indicates higher percent engagement (based on at least 1 working activity) for their accounts.
Overview, Account-based Activity histogram, & Ownership & Engagement treemap
Look for reps with a large, light colored area. These reps are responsible for a higher amount of accounts in this target segment but have low engagement with them. To dig in to more details, hover over the Rep's area and click to navigate to Rep Coverage to assess coverage for the reps overall book. Address any issues through coaching the rep or use Retrievals to pull back some accounts to assign to others.
Account Engagement heatmap, Least Engaged Accounts table, & Engagement by Fit/Timing table
Shows the number of accounts & engagement level for based on the Fit and Timing fields configured in the report.
- Lower left - accounts with low fit and low timing. These are accounts that should get low coverage, as rep attention is better spent elsewhere. These should be light-colored.
- Upper right - accounts with high fit and high timing. These are the highest potential accounts in this segment. Anything but dark purple indicates opportunity to better engage with great accounts.
Shows a list of the accounts with the lowest level of engagement in the report time period.
Shows number of accounts and engagement levels in more granular groupings by fit or timing than shown in the account engagement analysis heatmap. Table is sortable by all columns to allow ranking the grouping of accounts by engagement metrics.